Green and White

Tis the Season

Jade Cozzo

It’s that time of the year again! Black Friday and Christmas shopping is starting up again. We all know the struggles of how packed the mall and stores get around this time of the year and how much money we like to spend on gifts.

Christmas shopping can definitely be one of the most stressful times of the year, so here are some tips on the best ways to take on Black Friday and Christmas shopping to avoid the struggle of all of the people and also how to get the most bang for your buck.

The best way to save money is to decide on a budget and stick to it. The best way to do that is to just take the cash needed for the shopping trip. One big way that is a money saver is coupons. The best way to save money si to cut out as many coupons as possible and make sure that you are getting the best price and that there isn’t a hole being burned in your pocket from christmas.  

Before going out shopping always make a game plan for yourself and the people you’re going with. Bring a friend so that you can always make a list and spread out and then meet back at a checkpoint. This will save lots of time. By starting your shopping a little earlier in the week and then go out on black friday you can’t get last minute things on a sale still. Check online before you push your ways through the store and you might also be able to find something for cheaper online.

Instead of buying gifts for everyone on your list get something like a gift card and then they can go out and buy what they want with the gift card. Always get a gift receipt because the right gift might not always be the “right” gift. Go to the stores with a list that way you won’t forget anything that are on your list. Last but not least always keep your cool it’s never the right option to get angry and start things that don’t need to be started. More things will get done when your calm and not playing along with the rest of the crowd.  I got a quote from Tori George she went out shopping on black Friday. Tori says “ I know most stores open on thanksgiving but I keep the tradition of going early Friday morning with my dad for over 4 years. This year like every year i have found great deals like a $36 flannel for my brother for $9.99. I also got my sister earrings for free after I treated myself to 2 pieces of jewelry and my mom a brand name purse and wallet for only $50. Black Friday is a great way to stretch your dollar and purchase thoughtful generous gifts for family and friends. I will continue my black Friday tradition for a long time.” I hope that these tips help you and that you can save some money and shop safe.