Green and White

LSHS Senior Takes Fitness Journey to Social Media

Screen shot of how Olivia's Instagram appears to others

Emily Kromer

In the early stages of Olivia Pericak’s fitness journey, one of the biggest problems was where to start. Using internet resources such as Instagram and Youtube, Olivia was able to kick start her knowledge of fitness basics.
“While researching different exercises, I found a lot of help from fitness pages ran by experienced athletes, which then made me want to create my own”, a Lake Shore Senior High School senior said.
Created from scratch on June 30th, 2017, “Livmpfit” was a private account allowing strictly fitness pages to follow.
“In the past, I faced criticism from peers for working out and I was hesitant to open my account up to the public.” she admitted. However, within the past two months Olivia made the transition and made the account public, letting anyone follow.
“I think it is really rewarding to get so much feedback from people all over, most of them I don’t even know,” Pericak said regarding her fitness page.
“I have received so many nice messages recognizing my progress, offering and asking for advice…it is so cool to be apart of the growing fitness community”
Not only has the page expanded her following, it has also opened up unique opportunities. Catching wind of Olivia’s fast growing popularity, a local athletic line referred to as “The Rising Athletics” inquired about making Olivia their head female sponsor, which will continue to aid in Olivia’s success.
“To be apart of their business is so cool because not only are they investing in me, they have a business to build so I find it is an honor to be selected from such a wide pool of candidates” Pericak remarked.
Although sponsor roles vary for each person, Olivia is expected to post daily workout videos and “The Rising Athletics” reposts them to its page. Not only that, she also has the opportunity to receive free or discounted clothes from their line. With the addition of Olivia, the partners at Rising Athletics are looking to grow their business while promoting healthy lifestyles.
On top of her partnership, Pericak is also a coach for Team BeachBody. Team BeachBody sells workout plans, supplements, nutrition plans and basic workout equipment. She was introduced to this program through one of her followers when she invested in Olivia to joining Team Beachbody.
Recently, Olivia was inspired to give back to her followers by posting a unique contest that required followers to comment other usernames on Olivia’s giveaway post. The contest was open for a whole week and in that time Olivia gained about 500 new followers. With over 2,000 entries, a winner was selected at random to receive a $50 giftcard to Gymshark.
“It was cool to see the amount of people who took interest in it,” Olivia remarked. Each tag and comment, reeled more people to her page and filled the infinite pool of followers.
Despite all the attention, her instagram page isn’t all about the followers and popularity. As it continues to grow, Olivia is constantly being reminded that her journey is far from over.
“Once you achieve your past goals, the next step is to set new ones,” she said. With the help of people like Olivia, setting and reaching goals has never been easier.
“When people comment suggestions on things like my form or amount of weight I use, it helps me fine tune my workout plans and continue to make myself better,” Olivia states. “I really appreciate when people want to make me better and I love hearing to their stories. It allows me to relate and realize it is okay to make mistakes because people have been in the same position as me”
Now towering at over 3,000 followers “Livmpfit” impacts others daily. With no plans to stop continuing her success, Olivia is beyond excited to see where it takes her in the future.
“The possibilities are endless and that is what motivates me to uncover my path while creating my own success.”