Green and White

Summer Concerts

Maddy DiMartino

Summer is here and along with that comes many exciting concerts. While students have already kicked off the concert season by going to see rap stars Kendrick Lamar and Post Malone, there is still so much to look forward to.

Darien Lake is a prime venue for concerts. Some of the more anticipated artists that will perform there this summer include Jason Aldean, Logic, and Kesha and Macklemore. Jason Aldean is promoting his most recent album Rearview Town while Logic is promoting his newest album, Bobby Tarantino II, along with his albums Bobby Tarantino (2016) and Everybody (2017). Kesha and Macklemore however have recently collabed on a track named “Good Old Days”. This was a promotional track released on September 19th, 2017. On December 11th, 2017, Kesha and Macklemore released a video announcement of their tour. One dollar from each ticket purchased will benefit a charity. Kesha’s proceeds will go to the anti-sexual assault organization, Rape, Abuse & Incest national Network (RAINN), while Macklemore’s will contribute to a social race and justice organization, Plus 1. This summer’s Darien Lake concerts have much diversity and are sure to be a blast.

Another popular concert venue is the KeyBank Center. This summer the Eagles, Fall Out Boy, and Elton John will perform there. This will be Elton John’s Farewell tour. The tour is called ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road’. It will consist of more than 300 shows across 5 continents before reaching its conclusion in 2021. The star’s final tour will bring more passion and music then ever seen before.

“Performing live fuels me and I’m ecstatic and humbled to continue to play to audiences across the globe.” said John. This tour will surely be one of his best throughout his 50-year career.

“I enjoy getting to meet new people and it’s a good time with your friends to see an artist you all like.” said senior Emily Kromer. Concerts are a way for people to come together and enjoy good live music. This summer’s concert’s will be sure to be a blast for everyone!