Green and White

Moving Up Day: 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

Moving Up Day: 2018

Errika Gonzalez

On Friday June 1st, Our annual Moving Up Day Ceremony took place in the auditorium. Every year Lake Shore yearbook club puts together a slideshow to release the theme of the yearbook, and show pictures, and videos from throughout the school year. During the assembly students and staff find out which member of the Lake Shore staff receives the dedication.The entire Senior class was able to vote for any staff member for the dedication, but the majority of the senior class voted for Mrs. Manney to thank her for all of her hard work, and dedication over the past four years. Students from the Junior class also receive scholarships from different colleges based on their academic achievements. This is a great event for students to reflect on the past school year, and signifies that the school year is coming to a close.

Seniors also participated in the elementary school walkthrough, and tradition here at Lake Shore that started three years ago. Students go to each of the different elementary schools, and middle school dressed in their caps and gowns, to walk through the same hallways they walked through years ago. Current elementary students cheer in the hallways, and help seniors celebrate reaching the end of this chapter in their life.

The theme for this year’s yearbook was “This is Us”. Courtney Balcerzak editor for yearbook club had some words to say about this year’s yearbook theme, and the slide show. “We worked really hard on the slide show to incorporate as many memories from this past school year as we could. It was great this year because we had the whole school get involved by having the students choose the theme this year, and seniors choose the dedication”. This year the dedication went to Mrs. Manney the Senior class counselor.

With the school year coming to an end this is a great event for students to reflect on the past school year, and look back on all of the fun memories we’ve had as a school. We wish the best of luck to our Senior Class of 2018 on the next chapter in the lives, and big congratulations to Mrs. Manney on her dedication.