Green and White

Giving Back During The Holidays

by McKynzie Ringer

Thirteen years ago, Jimmy Fessel goes to  people’s houses and giving them gifts. He started doing this because in his own words, “There are too many bad things in the world and I want to show people that there is still good in the world.”

When he first started doing this he said, “People thought that we were keeping the donated gifts to ourselves,” but as the years went on, people donated more and more items and I started giving the gifts to more and more people that are less fortunate. There isn’t any formal organization, he does it out of the kindness of his heart.

Fessel’s daughter Natalie, joined her father when she was in middle school and she has been doing it ever since.

Natalie said “We start wrapping gifts about a week before Christmas”.

They organize the gifts and each child gets the same amount, but that depends on how many donations they get. They group the gifts by lists people put online, the donated items, and the specifics on the lists that they might want.

Jimmy explained that “We pack all the gifts on Christmas Eve, Natalie and himself leave to deliver the gifts at 3 pm from house to house until they are done at 3 am”.

Fessel is looking for gifts for all ages men, women, children like clothes (winter clothes), gifts cards, toys art supplies, etc. They also look for food to provide the families with so they can have a nice meal. Anyone who would like to help Jimmy and Natalie Fessel can contact Jimmy on Facebook. 

Jimmy and Natalie on Christmas Eve about to deliver the gifts