Mr. Lake Shore 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Lake Shore 2019

Front row left to right Adam Smith, Cole Wishman, Ajay Cybulski, Brandon Pudlewski and Brooks Bourkney (Photo taken by Ally O'connor)

By Peyton Martin

It’s that time of year again for Mr. Lake Shore, is a tradition at Lake Shore High School that the student body looks forward to. It’s a show that never disappoints.

Every year the Lake Shore Senior class and Student Government prepare a show starring the boys in the senior class. The purpose of this show is to entertain students, teachers and the community. Each year, boys from the senior class volunteer to be a part of the experience.

In order to participate in the show there are some rules.The boys who sign up must be passing all classes, be in school for at least five periods on practice day, must be at all practices and must not get into any trouble such as ISS or OSS.

The directors are Mrs. Deann Poleon and Mrs. Jeannie Steffen with help from Student Government, Ally O’Connor, Kayle Borowicz, Nate Styles, Maela Murtha, Elies Maybee. They help decide the theme, the categories that will go on and what dances will be performed.

Mr. Lake Shore 2019 participants are Will Connors, Nate Lockwood, Alex Martin, Adam Smith, Cole Wishman, Max Michalec, Angelo Grillo, Brooks Bourkney, Mike Abner, Brandon Pudlewski, Remington Chapman, Jack Perry and Ajay Cybulski, making Mr. Lake Shore 2019 a diverse but fun group of boys.

The theme for this years show is Living a”leg”acy, which means they will be honoring musical legends while tying in funny competitions using the boys’ legs. Each year there are categories the boys compete in to see who is the best. This year’s categories are lip sync, Next is beachwear, Then they will perform the famous  rockettes dance.Finally the boys will have to pick one of their many talents and show the crowd what they can do. Also, the boys have to learn an opening dance, write a biography about themselves and create a video talking about why they want to win and if they didn’t who they would want to win.

Student Government president Ally O’connor showed her on this year show.

“The boys this year  will make the show original but also will add different aspect to the show then last year.” Ally is a big part of the show, picking the songs and dances and controlling the script.

Participant  Alex Martin is looking forward to this event. “ I am very excited, I’ve gone to Mr Lake Shore for the past three years so it will be fun to finally be a part of it. It will also be fun to get to know all the guys doing it with me a little better.

” Alex also said, “ I think Cole Wishman is going to win Mr Lake Shore  because everyone likes cole. And he’s a very well know person.”

All the excitement is building up for this years show. Mr Lake Shore will be held on March 29th 2019 in the Lake Shore High school Auditorium at 7:00 pm. 

Back row left to right Will Connors, Angelo Grillo, Max Michalec, Jack Perry, Alex Martin and Nate Lockwood. ( Photo taken by Ally O’connor)